Kirknewton Community Gardener21 hours a week, £10 an hour, Temporary Contract from Jan 2021 to end of March 2021
KCDT are currently looking for a part time community gardener for a three month period from January 2021 to end of March 2021. 21 hours a week. Own transport required. This is a seed funded project that could lead to additional employment beyond March 2021 or help launch a new business.
Apply by CV and covering letter why you’d like the role and relevant experience (if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 7th December
- Gardens for community members (paid for service)
- Work with members of the community who wish to maintain communal areas near their homes (paid for service)
- Maintaining community projects
- Conducting and reviewing risk assessments as required.
- Being responsible for the proper use, maintenance and safe storage of all plant, machinery, tools and equipment.
- Reporting on all matters relating to the postholder’s activities
- Undertaking such additional duties commensurate with the post as may reasonably be requested from time to time.
- Demonstrable experience of successful project planning from idea, through implementation to completion.
- Gardening experience with good knowledge of plants & tools
Skills and attributesIn addition, the candidate should be
- Genuinely excited by gardening keen to communicate this enthusiasm to as wide an audience as possible
- Able to work with people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
- Strongly committed to working as part of a team.
- Aware of all issues affecting personal safety and the safety of others, including volunteers.
- Sensitive to community issues, values and demographics.
- Reliable and organised
- Friendly and approachable.
- A confident and effective communicator
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Willing to work flexible hours including and weekends.
- Qualified First Aider or willing to acquire this qualification.
This is a part-time position 21 hours per week although additional hours can be agreed.
Salary£10 an hour
Holiday entitlement 28 days pa pro rata
Pension KCDT has an opt in pension plan.