We heard last night that Kirknewton Chippy is closed until further notice. Dalamhoy Hotel is also closed as is the Green Room.
SUPPORT THE NHS
Tonight at 8pm, 26th March, you are being asked to clap and cheer from doorstep, balcony, window, living room, garden for the NHS – show them your support.
If you own a small business and need support find out more here https://www.gov.scot/news/gbp-1-billion-business-support-fund-opens/
More advice from NHS on coronasvirus can be found here https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-professionals
Avoid scammers – here’s some advice from Police Scotland
|Shut Out Scammers FINALFINAL.docx – 19.3 KB|
BALERNO HIGH SCHOOL LATEST
Balerno High School has published a list of Frequently Asked Questions at this time. https://balernochs.wordpress.com/covid_19-updates/universal-updates-and-information/
Some children may be wondering why they still have to learn and exercise at this time – here is some advice from the Balerno High School Headteacher
There may well be some pupils wondering what they have to work towards with no exams to come but it is important to remember that:
• Learning for its own sake is a good thing
• If you are going on to further study at college or university it is important to keep in the habit of
academic work and study
• You still have an opportunity to positively influence your estimated grade for SQA courses
• The vast majority of pupils will return for next year and the work you do over these weeks and
months will be essential preparation for those new courses that they will undertake
• Following a regular routine of school work will be good for your mental health.
WINDOW WALK – SILLY FACES
This weeks picture for the window walk is silly faces.