Kirknewton is in lockdown!
You can only leave home to do;
One form of exercise a day
Essential medical care / looking after or delivering to the vulnerable
Travel to work when its absolutely necessary and you are a key worker
This website will keep you informed on a daily basis and we will keep you occupied with a number of activities and online community consultations we can undertake at this time.
It’s also a great way to capture this moment and Kirkie Community Spirit so please send us your jpeg photographs, drawings or vids to include over the next three weeks (we may pick some off our facebook group too). Email email@example.com
LATEST ADVICE IN PICTURES
Check this out https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51711227
IMPORTANT NUMBERS AND CASH ADVICE
Here are the Kirknewton numbers you will need https://kirknewton.info/2020/03/17/kirknewton-local-numbers-you-need-and-latest-coronavirus-advice/
- If you are on Universal Credit, have you asked for an advance?
- If you have no money have you gone on-line or phoned for a crisis grant?
Link to crisis grant: https://www.westlothian.gov.uk/article/47548/Scottish-Welfare-Fund-
- If you have done both of these, then phone either the Advice Shop or CAB West Lothian and ask them for a foodbank voucher.
Advice Shop on 01506 283000 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Citizen Advise Bureau – operating a telephone and email advice service: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, phone 01506 432977, email email@example.com, text 07712305764.
- For those that over 65 then there is the Food Train.
3 Michaelson Square,
For those under 65 with a long term condition who have been told to self-isolate then council are working with NHS etc to set up hubs in order to support you.
EAST CALDER MEDICAL CENTRE LATEST
· There is now a National Covid Hub. Any patient with cough or respiratory symptoms which they feel they cannot manage themselves should phone 111 and not the practice. The lines are busy but open 24 hours 7 days per week. If it is felt that the patient needs medical attention this will be arranged via the Hub. Our phone messages and websites have been changed to reflect this change in National Policy and we ask that patients listen carefully to the message.
· All patients calling the surgery will receive telephone triage before a decision is made about whether they should enter the building.
We are able to offer the option of Video Consultations for those cases that the GPs feel are appropriate and patients will be advised if this is an option for them. Patients will require a smartphone/tablet/PC with camera to be able to take up this option and not all GPs have the technology to be able to offer this at the moment.
· We are aware that some of the local pharmacies are running up to 5 days behind with prescription requests, and we ask that patients allow sufficient time when ordering, and not to order additional medication as this puts unnecessary strain on the ‘front line’. It would also be really useful if patients don’t phone us to chase prescriptions that they have ordered unless the pharmacy are advising them that they do not have the prescription.
· We are exceptionally busy and would ask that patients work with us and seek the most up to date information from the nhs inform website and only call the practice if they have a genuine medical need.
LAST NIGHTS KIRKNEWTON COMMUNITY LOTTERY WINNER
Ticket 0020754 Community Card holder 77 winning £85
If you want to arrange a bank standing order for the lottery contact firstname.lastname@example.org and she will tell you how.
Thanks to Ian and the team at Kirknewton Festival Stores who will keep us supplied with food and necessary items, Douglas and the team at Kirknewton Pharmacy for their health advice and keeping us in much needed medicine and my thanks to the Kirknewton Community Development Trust staff and all the volunteers who have be working together over the last few weeks and preparing to support the community during this time. As expected lockdown is here but we will do our best to get through it.