Following the successful employment of one of our team to a youth project in Edinburgh Kirknewton Community Development Trust are looking for a new
FINANCE ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (£10 an hour, 8 hours a week flexi time)
Contract til July 2018, Funded by Big Lottery Scotland
Application is by CV and covering letter explaining why you would like the role and work for KCDT. Closing date is Friday 25th November, 5pm. Please send to CEO, KCDT, 12 Main Street, Kirknewton, EH27 8AH or e mail email@example.com marked ‘FINANCE’
If you have any questions about the role please call 01506 883988 OR e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- To ensure the effective delivery of the service provided by Kirknewton Community Development Trust, in accordance with its Vision, Mission and aims
- To ensure that there is adequate administrative support
- Support all financial systems for the organistion
- paying bills- preparing cheques for signature and posting out and or setting up direct debits and electronic payments
- ensuring Paxtons accounting software is maintained (training provided), ensuring accounts for individual funds and KCDT/Gala/KCA are monitored and up to date
- manage and monitor petty cash system
- Prepare staff expenses and payroll for the Manager/Director to sign off
- banking – paying in income received from KCDT, Gala and KCA
- meet and provide data for the accounts as needed on a monthly basis by the Chief Exec officer
- Provide monthly management accounts to the Treasurer and Manager in line with finance timetable and quarterly reports for the Board and relevant committees
- Prepare full year end accounts with the Auditors and Treasurer
- Keep/maintain relevant journals for: income; banking; staff expenses and mileage claims; sessional workers; payroll.
- Maintain purchase Ledger for all invoices and credit notes.
- Monitor petty cash system in partnership with Business Support Manager
- Reconciliations for the bank account
- Monitor accruals
- Process Gift Aid claims annually
- Any other finance and administration duties as required by KCDT
taking part in staff meetings, staff training, some Board/staff events and other appropriate meetings as directed and other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with those in this document
Experience and knowledge:
- Experience in finance role
- Experience and understanding of managing budgets and resources
- Experience of reporting systems for all relevant stakeholders and funders.
- Experience of excel and accountancy packages (sage, Paxtons or equivalent)
- Skills and abilities
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders who have different objectives and ability to deliver to deadlines.
- IT literate
- Well organized and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Enjoy working with people from different age groups, backgrounds and representing different interests across the community.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to work within changing priorities
- Commitment to community empowerment and to foster wider participation in community led projects.