- We continued the Youth Club and ran a John Muir Award programme with Cyrenians and Saltire Awards
- Had our first Firework display with over 1000 people attending and the Christmas Fair & Family BBQ at the Stables with 500 people attending.
- Ran a series of Business Breakfasts giving advice on funding for new start-ups and current businesses as well as sharing ideas and promoting local tourism.
- Supported the football club and the Playgroup coming under the banner of Community Playgroups.
- Won £10,000 to build a Sensory Garden in the Community Woodland from Tesco.
- Completed Harperrig car park improvements following £25,000 grant from LandTrust
- Ran a £12,000 sports programme, funded by Big Lottery Communities Fund
KCDT has been working hard behind the scenes to move our AGM from April to November, when it is more relevant for the year it is covering (Sept 2015 – Aug 2016). The first of the new AGMs will be Tuesday 29th November at 7.30pm in the Green Room. This year it will also include the Kirknewton Community Association AGM business. The KCA manage the Village Hall.
You are invited to
The 9th Kirknewton Community Development Trust AGM
Tuesday 29th November 2016, 7.30pm
The Green Room
Following the business there will be an opportunity to socialise…
1. Welcome and apologies for absence
2. To Approve the Minutes of the Meeting of the Year ended August 2016
3. To receive the audited accounts for the year
4. To receive a report of the activities for the year, including KCA
5. To note Resignation of Directors
6. To elect Directors
7. To re-appoint the auditors.
8. Any Other Business
Following the successful employment of one of our team to a youth project in Edinburgh Kirknewton Community Development Trust are looking for a new
FINANCE ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (£10 an hour, 8 hours a week flexi time)
Contract til July 2018, Funded by Big Lottery Scotland
Application is by CV and covering letter explaining why you would like the role and work for KCDT. Closing date is Friday 25th November, 5pm. Please send to CEO, KCDT, 12 Main Street, Kirknewton, EH27 8AH or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org marked ‘FINANCE’
If you have any questions about the role please call 01506 883988 OR e mail email@example.com
- To ensure the effective delivery of the service provided by Kirknewton Community Development Trust, in accordance with its Vision, Mission and aims
- To ensure that there is adequate administrative support
- Support all financial systems for the organistion
- paying bills- preparing cheques for signature and posting out and or setting up direct debits and electronic payments
- ensuring Paxtons accounting software is maintained (training provided), ensuring accounts for individual funds and KCDT/Gala/KCA are monitored and up to date
- manage and monitor petty cash system
- Prepare staff expenses and payroll for the Manager/Director to sign off
- banking – paying in income received from KCDT, Gala and KCA
- meet and provide data for the accounts as needed on a monthly basis by the Chief Exec officer
- Provide monthly management accounts to the Treasurer and Manager in line with finance timetable and quarterly reports for the Board and relevant committees
- Prepare full year end accounts with the Auditors and Treasurer
- Keep/maintain relevant journals for: income; banking; staff expenses and mileage claims; sessional workers; payroll.
- Maintain purchase Ledger for all invoices and credit notes.
- Monitor petty cash system in partnership with Business Support Manager
- Reconciliations for the bank account
- Monitor accruals
- Process Gift Aid claims annually
- Any other finance and administration duties as required by KCDT
taking part in staff meetings, staff training, some Board/staff events and other appropriate meetings as directed and other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with those in this document
Experience and knowledge:
- Experience in finance role
- Experience and understanding of managing budgets and resources
- Experience of reporting systems for all relevant stakeholders and funders.
- Experience of excel and accountancy packages (sage, Paxtons or equivalent)
- Skills and abilities
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders who have different objectives and ability to deliver to deadlines.
- IT literate
- Well organized and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Enjoy working with people from different age groups, backgrounds and representing different interests across the community.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to work within changing priorities
- Commitment to community empowerment and to foster wider participation in community led projects.
The Kirknewton Winterfest 2016 begins on Sunday 20th November with the Christmas Family BBQ, Craft & Food Fair at the Stables and on Sunday 4th December with the Torchlight Procession & Kirknewton Christmas Tree Lighting.
You can also win a Christmas Hamper at the Kirknewton Christmas Craft, Food & Family BBQ Fair. Raffle tickets are £1 each.
If you like the events we put on for everyone during the winter months and you’d like to donate some Christmas cheer for Kirknewton youth projects then please donate via mobile – text KCDT01 with either £5 or £10 to 70070. As we are a charity please remember to Gift Aid when prompted. Thanks for your continued support, it is very much appreciated.
More events and Kirknewton Christmas Winterfest 2016 news to follow. Keep checking local media. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from everyone involved. xxx
KIRKNEWTON WINTERFEST EVENTS 2016
Sunday 20th November , 12-4pm, Kirknewton Stables
Christmas Family BBQ, Food & Craft Fair
Gala Burgers, home baking, hot drinks, Christmas Crafts for that extra special gift, storytelling, songs, kids games and maybe even Santa making an early appearance in our annual Kirknewton Family get together. This event takes place in the lovely grounds of Kirknewton House. All welcome. Please walk or take public transport if you can but car parking is available
Wednesday 23rd November, 7pm, Green Room
Festive Wreath Making, £15
Thursday 24th November, 6-9pm, Potter Around, Free
Christmas Shopping and Gallery Viewing Night
Paintings will be for sale and hand made goods
Wednesday 30th November, 1.30pm
Christmas Table Centerpiece Workshop, £15
Thursday 1st December, 7pm, Green Room
Kirknewton Board Gamers
Try out some board games you may not have tried before for Christmas ideas!
Saturday 3rd December, 11am – 3pm, Green Room
Mrs Mac’s Vintage Tea Christmas Event
Pop up Vintage tea shop,selection of teas and coffee, teabread, scones and hand crafted cakes. Pro bookable afternoon tea’s £8 per person. Craft tables by local artists on show.
Saturday 3rd December, 7pm, Green Room
Mini & Me Christmas Night Out
Us “grown ups” need a Xmas Party and to celebrate the end of the year and being awesome parents we’ll be holding our Mini & Me (minus your mini me) on Saturday 3rd December at 7pm in the Greenroom. Includes blind wine tasting.
Sunday 4th December, 5pm, meet at Meadowbank Road
Torchlight Procession & Christmas Tree Lighting with refreshments in the Village Hall afterwards. Great family event
Sunday 4th December, 7pm, Green Room
It’s A Wonderful Life Film Showing
Saturday 10th December, 11am-1pm, Potter Around
Mrs Claus’ Christmas Decorations Workshop
Join Mrs Claus and the elves who will help you make a number of different Christmas decorations to hang on your tree or give to friends. Suitable for ages 5-12. £12 a head. Call 01506 238 961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday 12th December, 7pm, Kirknewton Church, Free
Friday 16th December, 11.30am, Green Room, Free
Christmas Book Bugs
Sunday 18th December
Santa’s Sleigh Around Kirknewton
Hillhouse Wynd 4pm, Meadowbank Road 4.10pm, Kaimes Crescent 4.30pm, Park Terrace 4.50pm, Railway Station 5.10pm (subject to change). Please give generously to this fundraiser for the Scouts.
Wednesday 21st December, 11am, Kirknewton Church
School Christmas Service
Saturday 24th December, meet Meadowbank Road from 21.45pm for carols, Refreshments at Kirknewton Church 11pm followed by Watchnight Service 11.30pm
Carols & Watchnight Service