The vision of the Kirknewton Development Plan is to provide a sustainable and improved quality of life for everyone that lives and works in Kirknewton.
To achieve that we want to engage everyone who lives and works in the village and be an inclusive and vibrant community that invests in the future of the village.
The Kirknewton community has, over many years, requested more centrally located facilities. In the coming months the Kirknewton Community Development Trust will begin building the Resource Centre, a zero energy building that mean meetings can be taken from the Village Hall to create more space for activity based groups.
The first new community building in nearly 100 years will also provide an office for the Trust, a place for clubs, hot desk space for local businesses, training facilities, a place to do homework after school and exhibition space. It’s a small building on the Old Gospel Hall site but, more importantly, it will be owned and run by the community.
The Kirknewton Community Development Trust was able to secure £110,000 for the build from Leader funding. As a community we have to contribute our own funds in volunteer hours and cash – approximately £30,000 in total.
That’s why we need your help.
The community of Biggar raised over £400,000 working together for the good of their community (with a similar population to Kirknewton). We think Kirknewton can do the same and help fund the Resource Centre build, kick start the cycle/multipath development from the school to and around Selm Muir Wood and provide additional funds to help deliver the Kirknewton Development Plan and donate to new and continuing groups and services.
Together, with your ideas, by August 2013 the Kirknewton community could raise at least £200,000 for the good of our community – now that’s a challenge!
Become a Friend of Kirknewton and join the fundraising programme.
We have a few ideas to start you off.
- You can text a donation to KCDT01 followed by your donation of £1,£2,£3,£4,£5 or £10 to this number – 70070
- You can make a donation online at https://www.charitygiving.co.uk/donate/donate_b.asp?charityid=6957 – you can set up regular one off, monthly, quarterly or yearly contributions
- If you would like to contribute specifically to the new Resource Centre, and get your name on the commemorative opening sign inside, we are taking community donations from £10 to £99 online at https://www.charitygiving.co.uk/donate/donate_b.asp?charityid=6965
- If you would like to be a major community sponsor, get your name on the commemorative opening sign inside and be invited to the opening event we are taking individual donations of £100 or £150 for a couple at https://www.charitygiving.co.uk/donate/donate_b.asp?charityid=6965
- If you would like to be a major business sponsor, get your name on the commemorative opening sign inside and be invited to the opening event we are taking donations off £250 at https://www.charitygiving.co.uk/donate/donate_b.asp?charityid=6965
- If you feel you would like to donate more please do so at https://www.charitygiving.co.uk/donate/donate_b.asp?charityid=6965
HERE’S THE BEST BIT! COME UP WITH YOUR OWN FUNDRAISING ACTIVITIES
No matter what your age is raise money for Kirknewton in any way you want by having your own fundraising idea and creating your own fundraising page at https://www.charitygiving.co.uk/fundraising/newpage.asp?charitylink=6957 – walk, run, cycle, wear a tea cosy on your head for a day, anything!
Tell us your idea at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/kirkfundraising
We hope we can get as many people to do something from now to August 2013 or look to do something this year on 12.12.12 (or around that date as part of the Kirknewton Christmas Festival!)
If you have any other fundraising ideas you would like to take on or do throughout the year (til August 2013) or during the next few months/Christmas Festival then let us know at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/kirkfundraising
SWAP, SELL AND BUY IN OCTOBER – HONESTY DONATIONS
Are you having a clear out? Do you have anything you want to sell? Are you looking for a Christmas bargain? Are you a Kirknewton business with products for Christmas or beyond you want to let people know about. Then let people know online at the Kirknewton facebook group http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/kirknewton/ from now and during October – you can either let people know direct or link your facebook/ebay/gumtree/amazon/freeccyclewebsite. You could be selling, swapping or buying anything – kids stuff, a second hand bike, car, house, bsiness products – you name it. If you get a free bargain, sell your goods or get your business products moving by letting people know locally (who may share it with their facebook friends on your behalf too) all we ask is for an ‘honesty donation’ of what you get via text to KCDT01 followed by your donation of £1, £2, £3, £4,£5 or £10 to this number – 70070 or online at https://www.charitygiving.co.uk/donate/donate_b.asp?charityid=6957 . Your ‘honesty donation’ can be any amount you decide if advertising locally helps sell your item.
If this online sale does well we will create a facebook version linking from the Kirknewton Community Group for ‘honesty donations’ through the year.
AND MAKE MONEY JUST BY SHOPPING!
If you are shopping online for Christmas sign up to our easyfundrasing page at http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/kirknewtoncdt
Whatever you decide to do we hope you can help make a difference to the place you live and do something, whatever age you are, as an individual, with friends, as a group, at school – if you have a connection with Kirknewton and want to see great things happen here please donate or fundraise in any way you can.
Month by month we will let you know what you have raised and what projects we are donating your fundraising too. Thanks for your help and good luck!